Home Selling 101
Getting your home ready to sell can be exciting, and nerve wracking. One of the best ways to reduce the stress is to know what to expect. Let’s cover a few of these on this week’s blog. Of course, if you have decided to sell your home, call me at 603-490-6448 and we’ll help you every step of the way.
1. Start packing… valuables and items you don’t plan to use until you move to your next home. Removing clutter will your home appear more spacious. That also gives you a chance to decide if you really want to take it with you or not.
2. Get your home move-in ready. Most buyers want a home in move-in condition when they buy. Painting is fresh, with simple clean, neutral shades. Complete regular maintenance on your home like cleaning your furnace, pumping the tanks, etc. Make sure everything is in good working order.
3. I recommend my sellers have a home inspection. In most cases a buyer will hire a home inspector to inspect your home. However, hiring a home inspector beforehand will help you assess what may need to be fixed before you sell. This may save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars when the buyers try to negotiate.
4. Boost your curb appeal. The exterior is important. Buyers will drive by and often not even want to go in and see your gorgeous home, if the yard is trashy or just has no appeal.
5. Clean… Hire a professional cleaner to thoroughly clean your home. Sparkling homes sell faster!
6. Stage. Make your home look its best by staging. This helps the buyer picture themselves in your home, not you.
MARKET IT RIGHT!!
Once your home is ready to sell, it’s time to think about marketing. Marketing helps find the right qualified buyer to purchase your home. It all begins with pricing. when a home is priced right, it is often picked as a buyer’s choice within the first week or two.
Call me and I can help you find the right price for the market, and the right marketing to get your home sold.